Sign in to follow this  
Damus

Help with pricing!

Hey everyone! need some help. I have a job to cut 60-100 of these and I am not sure what to charge because of the small size. I guessed at around .40 ea. Yes the weeding is a pain but its a job right? anyway your thoughts are welcome. What would you charge?

post-2372-12986545203413_thumb.jpg

post-2372-12986545221981_thumb.jpg

Guest manwayvan

Wow I would atleast charge a buck a piece for these due to the weeding involved but I have not much competition around here and can charge that.

Come on guys, don't sell yourself short. I don't understand some of you.

Yes it's a job but your time is worth more than $.40 each.

I'd be at least $1-1.75 each due to them being a pain to weed.

I would never sell any decals for $.40 each unless they bought thousands of decals.

Time yourself doing it,  When I get something like this, I time myself weeding, and taping it. then Divide that by your hourly rate, and figure out material cost,(something like this would be minimal for materials). Add in some design time and you have a price. 

So to give an example of my pricing structure,  I quick did one of these, just like yours, timed myself prepping weeding and taping and it took appx. 1 Min.  It was actually easy to weed,  I pull from above the L on professional and go towards the p on performer and it pealed off really fast, Then pick out all the small ones in the letters, slap some tape on it and its done.  If you want to know more how I do multiples like this pm me.  Anyways getting back to the pricing.  So at 1 Min that works out to be $1.25 (at $75/hr) For the labor, Now add about $.05 for materials, and you come up with $1.30.   

Now with your $.40.......

If it takes you 1 Min to do the job,  1 Min would be $.40 take that X 60 (min/hr) and you get  $24/hr

Say it takes you 2 Min to do the job,  If we figure that in,  1 Min would be $.20 take that X 60 (min/hr) And you get $12.00/Hr.

And total job, $24-$40.

Is that worth 2-4hrs of you time???

One more thing, When you figure out the time.  Don't think you can just bust the things out,  Try and figure out the real time it takes you.  I can charge $75/hr Because that is my skill level,  at first I was at about $30.  The more practice you get the better you will be, and the more productive.

Sorry for the long post.

Come on guys, don't sell yourself short. I don't understand some of you.

Yes it's a job but your time is worth more than $.40 each.

I'd be at least $1-1.75 each due to them being a pain to weed.

I would never sell any decals for $.40 each unless they bought thousands of decals.

lol around here, at $1.75 I'd never sell a one.Lucky to get half that. Like I have said many times, it all deepnds on your location and the competition. You can ask anything you want..but to quote Polk to Scarlett in GWTW.."askin' ain't gettin'".

I am impressed if you got one of these done in less than 4 min. ;D I weeded them from the "P" side and both had to be pulled to be released from the material. It was also impossible to get the dot of the "I" to release from the vinyl. I had to re-set each dot back onto the backing. I did each one in about 4 min total.

I also agree that it REALLY depends where you are located. I am in the City of Denver and we had commercial places like signs plus almost on ever block. Not really a job for them but people here are not going to pay 1.75 for these.

I ended up charging .75 ea for these and even though I know I probably made little (if any) money on this I wanted to prove that I could even get this done. Not to mention the promise of more work to come my way from this customer. (fingers crossed)

Thanks again for all the really good feed back!

Time yourself doing it,  When I get something like this, I time myself weeding, and taping it. then Divide that by your hourly rate, and figure out material cost,(something like this would be minimal for materials). Add in some design time and you have a price. 

So to give an example of my pricing structure,  I quick did one of these, just like yours, timed myself prepping weeding and taping and it took appx. 1 Min.  It was actually easy to weed,  I pull from above the L on professional and go towards the p on performer and it pealed off really fast, Then pick out all the small ones in the letters, slap some tape on it and its done.  If you want to know more how I do multiples like this pm me.  Anyways getting back to the pricing.  So at 1 Min that works out to be $1.25 (at $75/hr) For the labor, Now add about $.05 for materials, and you come up with $1.30.   

Now with your $.40.......

If it takes you 1 Min to do the job,  1 Min would be $.40 take that X 60 (min/hr) and you get  $24/hr

Say it takes you 2 Min to do the job,  If we figure that in,  1 Min would be $.20 take that X 60 (min/hr) And you get $12.00/Hr.

And total job, $24-$40.

Is that worth 2-4hrs of you time???

One more thing, When you figure out the time.  Don't think you can just bust the things out,  Try and figure out the real time it takes you.  I can charge $75/hr Because that is my skill level,  at first I was at about $30.  The more practice you get the better you will be, and the more productive.

Sorry for the long post.