jchatman

Etching gun ? Paasche VS. Harbor Freight

I've got both a blasting cabinet (big enough you can get a V8 engine block in it) and a pressure pot.  The cabinet itself uses a venturi type system where you are blasting air thru a gun, and there is a pickup hose that goes down into the bottom of the blasting cabinet and sucks up the sand, but depending on how much sand there is and where the pickup tube is located, I've found that it tends to clog up or get no sand at all. The pressure blaster works along the same lines (venturi style) however you can adjust how much sand is mixing with the air and easily increase or decrease the air pressure.  And because the sand is also under pressure it flows much more consistently.  Having the pressure pot being fed into a cabinet is the best of both worlds as you get the good pressure as well as containing the sand and reclaiming it from the bottom for use next time.

If it's the one with the stand, go for it, unless you have a table to set the standless one on.

I've got my benchtop cabinet setting on 4 concrete blocks standing on end. Makes a dandy stand, just the right height to roll a chair up to, and leave the middle of the bottom open to drain the media out.

The air earser uses a fine fine sand almost like flower.

Pasche is the way to go if you want to use one of these

but they are not cheap more along the $60 and up price.

Carl

I use a Pasche also...... the sand is sicla very fine makes a very nice frosted look.

Have used it for years.......like about 10 years....

Well once I added a silica gel filter my humidity problem went away! But it's very messy and I loose all the media. I guess the blast cabinet may be my only option.

Well once I added a silica gel filter my humidity problem went away! But it's very messy and I loose all the media. I guess the blast cabinet may be my only option.

For something that small you could probably build a small box out of cardboard & be ok, how much pressure does that thing pump out?