haumana

Copam vs. LaserPoint?

Pro's & Con's. Please forgive me, I'm a totally noob to all of this stuff, but am pretty excited since I made the decision to get one.

What are your opinions?

I've bid on several machines, but am constantly getting outbid (sigh). So while my bids are in limbo, I thought I would try and get people's opinion on this.

Is the basket that benficial?  :huh:

The Copam is still the best unit we sell, hands down. The laser is a nice addition, but only if you plan to contour cut, and the software is not even ready yet for that feature. As far as overall build and quality and reliability...go with the Copam.

:huh:

Thanks for the advice. Is the basket a big deal? I saw that BannerJohn was asking about it.  :huh:

I have heard a few customers request the basket feature, but for the most part, customers can work without it.

I have one in the shop as of yesterday, I plan on doing a complete review over the next couple of weeks. One thing I can say for sure is the basket is great for many shop enviroments like mine, five dogs and a cat! Hehehe. I have just unpacked it and am looking at it before I assemble it and feel it is a solid machine, more details to come soon. I will post the review on signforums when it is done but I will also place a link to it here.

The Copam is still the best unit we sell, hands down. The laser is a nice addition, but only if you plan to contour cut, and the software is not even ready yet for that feature. As far as overall build and quality and reliability...go with the Copam.

:huh:

Can you describe the contour cut feature and how it works?  Does it automatically sense registration marks like the Roland GX24?  When is the software expected to be available?

Guest fivestar

Kimon thanks, I value your reviews as you are one of the must trusted reviewers online. 

From what I understand about the contor cut feature is you will need to print registration marks then using the laser pointer manually align the cutter - this is an alignment aid and not opus but for the money it should be helpful.

Contour cutting may be performed virtually on any cutter that tracks well, it is trully a matter of alignment and registration.