Sign in to follow this  
Macaholic

How to back up SB projects???

G'day all,

This is my first question in these wonderfully informative forums. I searched for an answer in the threads but was unable to find one. I'm using SB elements (after launching the Artcut CD out the window) and am a little wary of how all my projects are stored within the software. If the PC crashes (as Windoze PCs often do) I'll lose the lot. Is there a way of backing up the projects to an external hard drive?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

Woops! Now I feel like a double fool for figuring out the problem and replying to my own question. I just found the SBD files folder and have dragged to my external drive.

What a dummy!  :thumbsup:

Guest kenya

Sometimes after saying things out loud, I figure things out-  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum BTW !!

I will add one thing to your backup. I save my files as SBD, and my HD is back up nightly to an external server. But I also create a separate folder and export all my designs as an EPS file. This too is backed up nightly. The reason I do this is when you want to take a design you have made and open it in another program like Illy or Corel, or FLexi, you have to go into SBE and then export it then edit it. It's easier to do right there when you are saving the file. This also makes it easier to upload to another user if you need any help with it. Or to just share it with someone. EPS is pretty universal in Design Software.

Kevin