Sign in to follow this  
repodon

how to draw ur own

24 inquires and no one has replied wow

must have pissed alot of pple off

I doubt if you pissed off anybody,,    nobody probably had a good answer to give you.    as stated,,, sketch it,  and save it in a design program, cut it..  What more do you want?    Personally I cannot draw a stick figure..  so more power to you..  :thumbsup:

LOL, don't think you pissed anyone off, but this is what i do, I can not draw to save my life, but luckly i do have friends and i work with local tattoo artist that can draw, so the way i do it is i get the sketch of the drawing in paper, what ever my tattoo artist has for me, and I scan it into my computer, i save it as a gif or jpg.  I then open the image in my paint shop pro software and clean it up as much as i can.  Once i am done cleaning it up, i save it as a gif.  I imported it to inkscape and do a trace outline, once i have it that way i save it as .eps file.  I open my sign blazer and import the file and it's ready to cut.  Also sometimes if it is a very simple image i will import the gif directly in my SB software and vectorize it there.

Hope this helps.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Oh don has pissed some people off - just not on this thread LOL.  I really don't have anything constructive to add Don - just wanted to rib ya a bit

I cant draw either but getting a tattoo artist to do it for you is a great idea thanks for the tip.

whats a good deal price to pay him for fairly simple stuff?

I don't pay him hard money, but i do pay him with shirts, i make a few shirts for his business and he gives me all the drawings i want..  it's a good business partnership.  Best part is that i have access to all his people at his shop and he has 4 or 5 artist that at any time will draw what ever i want, they are really great people to deal with, well the ones i deal with.

thanks all thank you a bunch as ive searched the archives with no luck thats why i asked thanks again to all thank you

Staying in the same subject, I believe I've confessed that I can draw even a circle, but my father-in-law is an excellent painter, watercolors, oils and what have you. Once I got the idea of asking him to draw some stuff for me, but I gave up, he's so detailed as well as his drawings, and I don't know what to do with so much detail, it really mess your cut files when it comes to cut.

The guy with the tattoo artists, do you asking them something specific on how draw, or just work with whatever they give you ?

Could you give me some advice?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wwpro funny you should say that, the first time he offered some of his art, i was so happy, but when i got it there was WAY to much detail in them, so i went back to him asked him to redo them with just outlines, not alot of details because they would not cut right, an now when i request something from them they know that they are to just draw outlines with as little details as possible but enough to see what the creature is.  Got to train your artist to give you what you want hehehe...

Sketches can be really hard to work with.  I had a client give me a sketch to make a stencil for her.  I had A LOT of pencil marks and scribbles.  Took me 3 hours to touch it up, and it was a simple design that should have taken about 30 minutes.