Sign in to follow this  
RPM Graphics

Questions before purchasing

I am need of a new cutter.  Using Cibercut Pro software.  Mostly cutting motocross jersey lettering, t-shirts and hoodies and some vehicle and trailer lettering.  I am hoping to keep the cibercut just because its simple and I am comfortable with it. 

1.  Has anybody used the Pcut plotter successfully with cibercut software?

2.  Are either of the bundled software programs good for simple name and number combos and have the capability of doing outlines?

3.  Knowing what you know now, would you buy the pcut all over again or would you go with something a little better?

I have not used Cibercut but I do own a Pcut 630 24". It is a great basic cutter. I use signblazer with it and it will easily do numbers and lettering. I also use it to do detailed graphics also.

I would definately buy another pcut for a good starter machine if  I needed to. My next purchase will be one that does contour cutting.

hey, im running a p-cut 1200 model at the moment and its not bad . if i had my time again i would do more research in to the cutters on the market, as the p-cut was a big pain in the a^s to set up and fine tune. having said that its a good starting machine .

im not shore on whether it will run with your software or not, as im running flexi 7.6 with mine.

pete

p-cut for the price - copam if you can afford it - graphtec if you are real serious.  I started with a p-cut to see if my interest would stay and it worked ok

For THIS purchase, low price was the priority.  Motocross budget ate up all the funds, just prior to death of the cutter.  I am way behind and hope that my existing software will work.  But I guess we'll see.  Again, thanks for all the input.....

Well......It's up and cutting.  After a few questions and some fine tuning, and learning SBE as quickly as possible.  I was a little disappointed that the cutter would not work with my old software, but SBE is very nice and quite thorough with capabilities.  I can now do stuff and export as eps files which I was not able to do before.  Thanks to all who helped through several posts in several categories.........Pat.........

ps....It sure is a noisy SOB though. 

Guest sciondrgn

ps....It sure is a noisy SOB though. 

hehe welcome to the PCUT :thumbsup: It is quite noisy

ClawGFX

I see you have a 15x15 sunie.  What's it like using a clamshell.  My JP14 is a cheap swing-away and I like the fact that I can see the whole work surface. 

Guest sciondrgn

ClawGFX

I see you have a 15x15 sunie.  What's it like using a clamshell.  My JP14 is a cheap swing-away and I like the fact that I can see the whole work surface. 

It's actually not to bad it has a nice wide opening to. I've had no problem with using it. One thing I like about it is that the pressure point is over the middle of the platten and not from the back like most.. I've had mine about year and a half now and its performed great so far and with a 3 year warranty you cant go wrong :thumbsup: