bamafan2277

Cutting Coro-plast

How do you cut coroplast against the flutes without making a mess of it?

I have a coro-claw that makes cutting along the flutes a cakewalk but Im having a rough time cutting against the flutes with a box cutter knife.

Any tips are welcome!

Ok thanks for the info on that. I may look into one.

Now that you mentioned that I just had a Idea. I could cut a slot in my wood work table to run the knife in. Maybe make some holes for pegs for 18" & 24" lenghts. That would make it easy to squre it up.

I tried cutting out a 48 inch wide football of coroplast and it was a pain....They supply shop said to just use a razor blade, but I really had a time getting the edges clean cut. What would a jig saw do for cutting it? Thanks for the help. Sandy

I was thinking of some kind of rip saw or power tool but what kind of blade would work best and not chew up the plastic too bad?

dont press so hard, you only need to score it thru the first layer then you snap it and use your coro-claw to cut the second layer.

They make knife-edge blades for scroll saws, I would try this out, but I don't have one ATM.  Made for cutting linoleum, I bet they would work well.

.025 aluminum strips to make my pattern and then just push down like a cookie cutter?

The strips would have to be pretty damn sharp, and you'll need to push down with quite a bit of force, possibly could work your way around with a rubber mallet or dead-blow hammer.

Guest manwayvan

I just had to cut 13 signs in various shapes and lengths so here is my experience. If you have a table saw use it with a new blade and I prefered a plywood blade. Also Skil saws can melt the coroplast so do no try unless your going straight and not curved. Not sure exactly the best way to cut a circle yet without getting rough edges. I tried a scroll saw on slow speed and it done alot better than the others cutting a circle but it was still not the finish I am looking for.

Guest Terry

Try one of those old electric turkey knife.  LOL :-[