Sign in to follow this  
Stickemup

Hello From Mlbourne Florida

Hey Everybody!!  How are ya'll?  My name is Bob, and I have ten years vinyl sign experience, but this is my first friction feed cutter.  I have read quite alot of posts, and see that these newbies need to learn some things the old fashioned way.  Registration marks??  Who needs em?  I cut my own.  I also use a ruler to do alot of my cetering, not relying on any registration marks.  The use of a light table brings new possiabilities to overlay of colors.  YESone person can do a 12 foot banner!! 

I understand that there are some feeding/alignment issues.  One should always check the feed of the entire length of the cut, before cutting.  The company I worked for was called "Sign it Quick" down here in the south.  We used Gerber cutters, and AnAGraph sign software. There is not too much of an alignment issue with the sprocket feed cutters like some of the gerber models.  There is a price issue tho!!!  The AnAgraph software is a stand alone program.  I have tried all of the free downloads from all of the sign companies, and come to the conclusion that SignBlazer, and SignWizard would be the best for me.  Of those two SignBlazer was a no brainer.  Much lower price.  This seems like a very good Forum, and I wish that this kind of Forum was available in 1992!  I would have made the learning curve much shorter.

welcome to the forums! I never use regitration marks and a ruler is my best friend too.

I just shipped a 40 FOOT banner,and I am a one-man operation. I had to learn from the beginning to do things on my own and I have come up with some very inventive ways of doing things.

I love Signblazer. I used Flexi for a long time but Signblazer is my main software now. Once you realize all of the possibilities of SB,you will be amazed.

Hang around,and post often. I am still learning myself.

Welcome to our forums!! I am sure your knowledge will compliment all of the other users on this forum.

;)

welcome Bob,  feel free to participate, it will only make us all better at what we do. take care daniel t