Sign in to follow this  
emayfield

Finding licensed graphics?~Tow Mater~

I have had a request for a Tow Mater (from the Cars movie) graphic and can't find one to purchase.  How do you go about finding graphics to purchase a license agreement.  I trace all sorts of graphics but really hesitate to try to use a Disney graphic without purchasing it. 

Any advice?

Disney won't license to you to sell it unless your talking Millions, and then not even sure if they will.. If it is for personal use you can make it for yourself or family to give them, and they probably won't mess with you, I said "Probably". but if your gonna sell it, you are taking a big chance in this day and age. There are people getting snagged all over for

This is one of those things that you would most like have to redraw. To be honest with you I dont think you would be making back the amount of time you'll spend trying to redraw it. This is where a printer cutter would come in handy.

My brother works at Disney. I put a Mickey Mouse on a wall mural for my children one time (they were toddlers). My brother and I got to talking about copyrights and he said Disney is extremely aggressive about protecting their copyrighted material. He said they have closed down businesses which have violated their copyrights and will go to great lengths to protect it.

I would be extremely surprised if Disney allowed you the use of their character. They don't need the money.

It's your call, but I would be VERY careful using their copyrighted material.