repodon

some thing new

the first one is a water fall with old bricks and palm trees

the second one is of 3 horses calaping threw the field

post-2473-12986544461722_thumb.jpg

post-2473-1298654446236_thumb.jpg

post-2473-12986544475017_thumb.jpg

post-2473-1298654447527_thumb.jpg

it is sandblasted with walnut shells i used regular vinyl and did a design and weeded it and then sandblasted it

Hi, great work.

I,m very curious,what did you use to etch those designs, was it a pressure pot or could I use a handheld gun blaster like the ones at Harbor freight.

thanx.

i used a hand held gun in a sandblast cabinet

i like the shells better as they are smaller and less likely to miss any small area

i have a old steam locamotive with several old train cars and omg it was a pain in the ass took over 4 hours to weed alone

go to harbor fraight and just buy the cabinet and the walnut shells or what ever media you want and thats it

with me i bought every thing cabinet walnut shells pressur pot

Guest sciondrgn

Thats crazy fun weeding right there.. Looks great hehe  :thumbsup:

Cre8tiveCutter

no need for a blow torch  a pressure pot it a basically a huge pot on wheels that you put the media in and hook it to a air tank and also it is used for bigger items that are too big to put in the sandblast cabinet

Thanx for the info Don! Let me see if I get this....you need an air tank with a hose to connect to the cabinate and the shells or sand is in the cabinate? the air from the hose blows the sand or shells around? Sorry for the dumb questions...lol I'm trying to learn!

Does glass media work for etching?  My father called me the other day and he said he had a 25lb bah of a very very fine glass media.

glass beads do work

creative what a air compresser does is blows the air in to a hose that you connect to the sandblast gun and the air blows the media ( wal nut shells ) out and hits the mirror or glass or what ever else you may be sandblasting

AHHH!! ok so along with the cabinate you need a sandblasting GUN....see I knew there had to be another piece to this! One more question...I'm assuming you need to COVER the whole item you are blasting except the part you want blasted right? so do you tape it all up? even inside the glass if thats what your doing?

Renee

If I wanted to etch a glass, is the pot essential or can I just use the blaster gun connected to the compressor and leave out the pot?

thanks.

if you get the cabinet the gun comes with it

i use my cutter to cut the designs i want then i weed it take out the stuff that doesnt belong there and then i put it on the mirror or glass i want  then tape the areas that i do not want to be blasted

the pressure pot is for things bigger that doesnt fit into the cabinet

if i want to use the pressure pot i use the gun that came with the cabinet 

fo to harbor freight and it all comes with the cabinet the only thing you will have to buy seperatly is the air compressor the gun comes with it and also u will have to buy the media and thats it