Sign in to follow this  
eiturbe582

How to print basic cad pattern

Hi Everyone,

I am new with this cutting plotter, I had been testing and so far everything is working. Now my question is: Is it possible to print a dxf file using the Laserpoint cutter printer? I try to import to SB but is not showing anything, so I think the draw is to complex for SB from what I read. I am wondering is there is any driver to print directly from autocad or any other specific design software. Basically I design swimwear, and using a cad tool named optitex mark, I can export dxf, so is there a software which can import dxf files and support laserpoint drivers?

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Eduardo

There is no known method to be able to plot/cut from CAD directly to machine.

flexi supports DXF files, but it's not foolproof, I exported a DXF out of Signblazer and imported it into Flexi and it lost some nodes, it wasn't too bad to go back and add them but it was a pain anyway.

There is a driver out there called Winline ... www.winline.com They have a free trial. I downloaded it once to try and get my ancient CalComp Artisan Plus 1023 to work, but it has support for standard HPGL and numerous other plotters, you might find a driver that will work from it. No guarantees though.

Kevin

Eduardo,

CorelDraw also excepts DXF files. Just import as DXF file, and Export as EPS file should do the trick with either Flexi, Corel or Signblazer.

Joe.

I am wondering is there is any driver to print directly from autocad or any other specific design software.

eiturbe582,

I use AutoCAD and did a test this morning, you can cut directly from AutoCAD to the Graphtec CE5000-60. It recognizes the cutter as a printer/plotter. I don't know about the lasrepoint though. If you have AutoCAD give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

Peabody

Guys,

Thanks for your responses, I did a test with Flexi trial and it work, as sarconastic said, I lost some nodes but it can be fixed.

JoeBlow, I will test using Corel to export in eps, Signblazer import .eps very well so far, I will try and let you know.

And Mr Peabody, I will try with Optitex Mark, it have HPGL drivers for plotter, maybe doing some test I can print directly to the LP, I dont have Autocad to test it, but Optitex it is pretty similar to Autocad with the plotter manager so I will try.

I will post the results.

Thanks