BassinWizard

Here is Houndstooth....

I have converted houndstooth if anyone is interested. I've downloaded my share of files from here, so I'm gonna contribute one of mine. I've seen several requests for Houndstooth, but nobody has contributed it. I finally figured out how to do it, so here it is if anyone is interested. It's a pretty popular decal down here in the South. I'm in Alabama, so I've really profited from this image. I'll post some of my work that I've done with it shortly that has sold well for me.

By the way, thank you all for this site, topics, contributions, and everything else. I have learned alot by reading on here. I haven't had to ask any questions because all the information is here already.

Enjoy!!!

houndstooth image 1.ai

houndstooth image 1.ai

• Like 1

Hi,

I don't wish to sound rude or anything, but what is this decal about??

I downloaded the eps version just mainly to have a look, as I have not heard about this.

You said it is a popular decal where you live, has it got some sort of special meaning over in the US.

Like I said I don't want to sound rude or ignorate but over in the UK, that is the first time that I have seen this.

Cheers,

Fred :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :):-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Hi,

I don't wish to sound rude or anything, but what is this decal about??

I downloaded the eps version just mainly to have a look, as I have not heard about this.

You said it is a popular decal where you live, has it got some sort of special meaning over in the US.

Like I said I don't want to sound rude or ignorate but over in the UK, that is the first time that I have seen this.

Cheers,

Fred :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :):-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

No, your not being rude, just curious.  :)

One reason why it's popular here in Alabama, is because Alabama College Football ties in with the houndstooth design, for some reason. I sell this on tags and coasters right now. I cut this from black vinyl, then I put this design on a white tag or a 4 inch or 12 inch white tile after weeding, then put a monogram initial, sometimes the 3 initials or the Alabama "A" on top of it in dark red vinyl. It sells really well in my area. The drawback is it's very time consuming to weed.

The houndstooth material is on handbags, luggage, clothing, and just about everything here. Majority of the gender that buys this is women. I sell my stuff thru a Monogramming/Gift/Home Accents store that mainly sells to women.

I'll put up a couple pictures in a little bit. I can't seem to find my camera USB cord right now to download to the laptop.  :-

Hi All,

Thanks for pointing out to me what it was all about.

Cheers,

Fred :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Thanks for the houndstooth. I sell tons of Alabama/Auburn/Tennessee stuff. Mine are mostly tags and coasters, but I'm now doing stick figures, too. I'm thinking a houndstooth hat on one of them will go over great around here.

Carol

• Like 1

I can see what you mean about that being a pain in the rear to weed!!!

I have several family members in Alabama so I think I'll use that to make something up for them.

Thanks for sharing!!

It'll come back in style one day. "What's old, is new again", or something like that.

I've printed some houndstooth stuff, but ain't no way I'm gonna try to weed it.