PermanEtch

Where can I find....

...ready to cut images in a format that is right for Signcut? I still haven't cut anything that I want to cut. I can't seem to convert images from a photo to a format I can cut. I am open to any suggestions at all. Thanks    ---  Larry.

For starters you should be able to find a number of usable images (ai,eps) at Brands of the World. Do you have Inkscape? It's a good free program for tracing (converting) raster images (Jpg,Gif) to vectors for cutting.

I too cut with SignCut, but don't worry about format cause I use Corel X3 to send the project to SignCut.

And that leads to my 'other suggestion' . Invest in SignBlazer, Corel or Illustrator so you can work with and modify images (trim, weld, merge, whatever) of various formats. You've got this great cutter why limit yourself to a few premade images that are directly compatable?

I totally agree. Of the 3 suggested, Signblazer is the cheapest and will do most everything you need.

Actually, Inkscape is the cheapest (free) and it will do almost everything you need including vectorize images for output to your plotter. You also may download a plugin from the signcut site that will work directly with Inkscape enabling you to send files straight from design to your plotter with the click of a simple menu item.

Ok...Thanks to all who responded. I also have another question: Can I scan images directly into Inkscape, or any of the other programs mentioned here? I have already downloaded Inkscape and am trying to familiarize myself with it. I haven't seen that option or if I did maybe I just didn't realize what I was looking at. To date I haven't been able to cut anything more that the Signcut logo that opens up when I open the program and simple text that I'm sure anyone can. Thanks again.

scan the image,save it somewhere,then use the import feature in inkscape to import the image.