Zal

Cutting a multi color decal

I have a decal with 3 colors, I am trying to make it work in Signblazer but it is coming up with the outline and the whole image colored in black. It is an .eps file from Illustrator. If I hover my pointer over it I can see the 3 objects within the image. Is there something I am not doing right? Maybe a setting to see all 3 layers? Thanks!

When you save the file from Illustrator try saving as an Illustrator 8.0 EPS file. Then try importing this into SignBlazer.

The other way of getting things from Illustrator is to copy it to the clipboard (Control-C) and then switching to SignBlazer and pasting it into SignBlazer (Control-V).

If you still have problems upload the file here and I'll have a look.

Great, thanks for the info Bruce. I will try it tonight. Does SB cut registartion marks to line up the colors?

Great, thanks for the info Bruce. I will try it tonight. Does SB cut registartion marks to line up the colors?

I can answer this one,,, if you are using elements,, you need to create some sort of registration marks,, SB Pro has registration marks.

BUT

In Pro,, Do you have to draw RMs on each layer? Or, does it do it automatically?

Tom

The registration marks in the pro version will be cut on all layers / colors.

Thanks Bruce!!!

Tom

So I cut a circle ( my registration mark) with each layer, the only problem is it acts like a new tile and wont put it in the corner. So I rehomed my cutter after each cut thinking I got it, nope. Now it is putting it at x0 y0 with that layer so it still wont line up. How do you keep that circle in the same spot so you can use it as an origin?

Woohoo! I got it! Took a lot of vinyl for a lil 6" decal and 2 hours, but I know the process now! Thanks Bruce!

The funny thing is , I am a Bears fan. Go figure!

post-1496-12986513196877_thumb.jpg

post-1496-12986513212126_thumb.jpg