Sign in to follow this  
SandyM114

New Signs

I've been playing around with some signs for an upcoming show for samples. The license tag is the one I've been fighting with and can't get like I want it. I took the jpg to vector magic and had it vectorized finally. I'm thinking I might get that program. Beats fighting with it forever...Sandy

post-3822-12986543657906_thumb.jpg

post-3822-12986543669754_thumb.jpg

Looks great Sandy, let us know how the show goes. I also could have done one for the Labor Day weekend but wasn't sure what would sell so I opted out this time.

I've done this show for about 15 years. I started with embroidery for 10 years or so, then changed to engraved jewelry, and I'm just adding this as orders only for now. The jewelry sells really good and is easy carrying, so I'm not sure this would be easier.I'll upload the arrowhead file to show what I mean. It was really iffy cutting it. The white on the feathers was cut way off. There were 2 designs in the original and I deleted the one I didn't want. The software still left the design field big so the white cut about a foot away from where it was supposed to. It's on my other computer, but I'll upload this afternoon.Sandy

Mike this is the file I'm having trouble with. I got it vectorized ok, but there were originally 2 pics in the design. When I deleted the extra one, the size of the area didn't get smaller. When I cut the first color(gold) it's fine. When the second color cuts(white,)_ it wastes a lot of vinyl because it doesn't want to cut it in the lower right hand corner like it normally does. It moves up and to the right about 18 in. or so. I can't get rid of the extra space in the file.

ChiefsTags.SBD

ChiefsTags.SBD

Nice work Sandy. I myself would prefer "Inkscape" over Vector Magic, I think it does a better job and it's free, which makes it even bigger plus.

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

I took the SBD file posted and gave it a try, some clean up, I don't know a lot about what I'm doing but take it at face value :thumbsup:

Here's the file, reduced nodes and some of my own "free-interpretation"  :thumbsup:

ChiefsTags.SBD

ChiefsTags.SBD

Guest kenya

Sandy, they all look great.  :thumbsup:

I just might make the fisherman's sign for my hubby. :thumbsup:

Mike and ww, thanks for giving it a try. I guess I should have known there was something still there that wasn't supposed to be making the design field so large. I'll go cut the 2 new files you two worked on.

Joe, the vector magic is automatic, seems like. I just thought inkscape wasn't as easy. Sandy

Kenya, that fisherman sigm is kind of strange. I bought the fleamarket disc but there are extra layers you have to get rid of to get it to work. Kind of a pain, but it turns out ok.Sandy

Kenya, that fisherman sigm is kind of strange. I bought the fleamarket disc but there are extra layers you have to get rid of to get it to work. Kind of a pain, but it turns out ok.Sandy

:thumbsup: I agree with ya sandy! You did a great job on those signs though!

A little tip I use to make sure I don't hae any errant stray nodes. Hit 'CTL+A' to select all you graphic, then back the zoom off a ways and look at the size of you outline box. If it outside the areas of your original graphics then you have some stray nodes. The click in a blank areas and draw selection box outside your graphic, around it on each side one at a time. You will usually pick up those errant nodes, and you can delete them after you find them.

Kevin

How much do you think I can sell a street sign and a parking sign for? Street signs are really large(6X24) and the parking signs are 12 X 18. Thanks. I'm going in circles trying to figure out a good price for them.