Sign in to follow this  
cjj98xj

New dude

Hello everyone.  My name is Chad.  I'm looking into buying a desktop cutter for home use.  My wife is always wanting me to buy her those vinyl signs that are so popular nowadays.  I figured I'd be better off making a few on my own and for famliy/friends, and end up with something I can personalize.  I'm probably going to end up with a 12" cutter I think.  I don't need anything wide.  And at most, probably will only cut 36" long.  Is this possible with the 12" US Cutter on Ebay?

Any advice or hatred, let it flow.  LOL

Welcome to our forums!!

The 12" would work just fine for what you plan to do.

;)

Thanks for the quick response.  I may end up using it to cut some stickers for my 4x4 club as well.  Where can possibly see how detailed this 12" cutter can get?  The stickers I have in mind are somewhat intricate, and as small as 3"x5".  I suspect the plotter can handle it, the only problem would be the difficulty in removing the excess before applying the backer sheet.

Guest sciondrgn

Welcome aboard and happy cutting!  ;)

12" inch cutter is perfectly acceptable, you will be able to do a tonne. advertise by word of mouth or even on your car, and it will be paid for in one job.

GOOD LUCK

Guest fivestar

12" cutter will work, but I would recommend you get a 24" cutter if you have the room for it.  You are probably wondering why I say this, but wait until you get it.  You'll have so many people wanting you to do decals and different things.  BELIEVE ME.

Oh BTW, welcome to the forums. ;)

Thanks for all the responses everyone.  I appreciate the help.  I'll probably be buying the 12" for now and possibly upgrade later on if needed.