prettybird

Wall Art Advice Needed Please

Hello, I am doing some wall art but I need some advice please.  The letters seem to be turning out kind of thin in areas making it kind of hard to weed and I'm concerned that it will be hard to get it to stick to the wall too.  I've attached an example of one I was doing.  Do other people that do wall art make the letters thin, or do you make them thicker?  Some of the fonts like this one (Snell BT) and Scriptina and cursive type fonts seem to be pretty thin in spots.  Is there a way to make the letters thicker other than using the outline tool?  I use Flexi sign pro 8.1.  I was hoping for an easier way to like bold the letters or something so they will cut thicker.  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Family eps.eps

Family eps.eps

Thanks for that video link.  That was very helpful!!!  I am also wondering though, Some of the letters, especially when it's a cursive type font, where one letter connects to the other, the line sometimes gets REALLY thin.  Is that ok, or would it be better to make them thicker?  If I should make them thicker, how would I do that?

Thanks, I really appreciate the help!!

i have only done 2 walls, but what i have learned its its all about patince. just go slow and take your time, once you start to see that its pulling stop, put your finger on the vinyl and pull in a different direction with the app tape.

Just curious. What kind of App take are you guys using to do the wall words/art?

someone wrote before that because the Oracal 631 is a Matte  finish, they were having problems with the regular medium tack and even high tack tape sticking,, that they got better results with the app tape sticking by using  Conform R-tape 4076.  Sold at US Cutter. also

My application tape says Main Tape on the inside of the roll.  Is that a good kind to use for wall art?

Thanks

Here is the thread from a previous member about rtape 4076,  Cannot answer about Main tape,  when you are dealing with matte finish, it is totally different than gloss, and may not stick,  It also has to do with how deep you are cutting the vinyl on whether, you can get it off the backing.  

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,19326.0.html

Thanks for the link.  The application tape I am using seems to pull the vinyl off of the backing fine,  my only concern is getting it to stick to the wall and having the application tape release off the vinyl easy enough.  I am selling wall art and mailing it to the customer to apply themselves.  I don't want them to have trouble.  I have tried a few on my own walls which are heavily textured, so sometimes it is hard but I can do it.  I just wasn't sure if the thin areas would be too hard for the customer to do.  Just trying to avoid issues ahead of time ;D

have you tried wetting the app tape on the side that faces you before taking it off?

I did try that on one yesterday and it works much better!!  I'll have to make up an instruction sheet to give to the customer that tells them to do that too.  Thanks

I'm not sure where the post is, if you search, you may find it.  Someone had  suggested using a hair dryer on the app tape to make it easier to remove.

Thanks for the link.  The application tape I am using seems to pull the vinyl off of the backing fine,  my only concern is getting it to stick to the wall and having the application tape release off the vinyl easy enough.  I am selling wall art and mailing it to the customer to apply themselves.  I don't want them to have trouble.  I have tried a few on my own walls which are heavily textured, so sometimes it is hard but I can do it.  I just wasn't sure if the thin areas would be too hard for the customer to do.  Just trying to avoid issues ahead of time ;D

you might want to read this thread

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,20342.0.html

When it's a new customer who has never applied vinyl wall art before, I like to give them a small practice sample along with instructions. This way they get a feel for what works before applying the one they paid for.

When it's a new customer who has never applied vinyl wall art before, I like to give them a small practice sample along with instructions. This way they get a feel for what works before applying the one they paid for.

That's a good idea!!  Thanks