Sign in to follow this  
VinylMafia

Inkscape to Win PC Sign

I am new to using inkscape, and I just traced my first number with it, however when I save it as an eps. file and open it with Win PC all that I see is a large grey box, I have tried to open it as a vector and a bitmap and its the same.... Can someone please help me? Thank You!! I posted my tracing to see if anyone else can open it....

44.eps

44.eps

I think you may have had a color or something set, I had no problems opening it as an EPS file in CorelDRAW.  I changed the color from a Red outline to a Black, see if that's any help.

Joe

44.eps

post-4238-12986543251356_thumb.jpg

44.eps

post-4238-12986543271896_thumb.jpg

Ok I tried changing the color of the original #44 that I had saved to black and then tried to open that with WinPC and same thing a grey box, I really dont understand why yours worked and mine dont?:)

In my opinion I think it is alot easier to trace in Inkscape, than WinPC. But that shouldnt matter WinPC should still open up an eps file no matter what....

yours also worked as well is there a setting or something in inkscape or WinPC that I need to change? I even tried to go into GIMP to save it there and it still came up as a grey box in Win PC???

It has to be something in WINPC,  because you say you made it in Inkscape and we are all able to open it. 

You were able to open up the file that I posted in WINPC Sign? One thing that I did notice, Im not sure if it matters... is that Joe's file that he posted is 256KB where as mine is only like 2.6 something whats up with that?

Yeah his eps. worked fine also, try downloading the one I first posted in win pc sign and see if you get the grey box.

here is yours in .ai  I opened fine in my Flexi  when I try to send .eps  the forum says too large.  It posted it twice,,  it is the same download on both  I changed it to black 

Maybe I should try to uninstall WINPC and restart? I appreciate all of your help, its getting really frustrating!

glad I could help you a little,, maybe you are right,, do a reinstall.  Or try  Signblazer  it is free.  alot of people on here use it and you will have better support with it.  I don't even have my WinPc installed anymore,  I just use Flexistarter.