Sign in to follow this  
lmasse8326

text question

I would like to print a 13 around 18x20 with hemi-head font. My problem is the 1 is very thin, is there

any way I can widen the numbers or do I have to choose a larger font? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what Hemi-Head looks like but here are a couple of options:

1. Create your text then outline it to make it thicker. (Manipulate + Outline/Inline)

2. Create your text then convert it to curves. Select the 1 and then select Node Edit. Grab all the nodes on the left side of the one and move them to make the 1 wider.

Jay

The way Jay stated can be used, and are very good things to learn in Signblazer.

The simplest way I would do this is to create 2 separate text items. one for the 1 and one for the 3. the you can manipulate the one separately. just select the 1 and drag the center dot on the side to the right or left to increase the fatness accordingly. then realign the 2 numbers together and your there.

Kevin

Jay.. I tried to use the node edit tool, but I'm new and not familiar with that.  I couldn't seem to make it work, the nodes jumped out and distorted.

Sar... recommending separating the letters help so that I could widen the numbers using the expand/outline and they weren't so cramped.  I tried to widen each of them separately, but I couldn't get them look proportionate.

So I outlined it removing overlaps, then I tried to outline it again with overlaps...I'm using two vinyl colors.

There was a lot of repeated cut lines.

Last night I printed out 4 large sets with two colors and was told they looked too slim, I need these tonight so If I have to settle for one color I will. I just need to keep practicing.

Thanks guys I appreciated your ideas

Jay,

Thank you so much for the video, this helps me out so much!!! You guys are great.

After selecting the node tool, I didn't select the number itself...which makes sense

now.  :thumbsup:

It is really all about practice, and learning from others who have done it. It is really tough when you first get going, because there are so many things you have not attempted yet that are the norm for the folks who have been doing it for a while. It makes you wonder sometimes how others are making any money when you spend hours doing the simplest designs. But it does get better the longer you do it. Before too long your going to pop things like that number out in literally a couple minutes and be ready to go.

Kevin