Sign in to follow this  
may0024

Confused Newbie

I just uploaded Flexi 8.6 and have never used a program like this. I am quickly finding that I am over my head. I am trying to crop part of an eps file that I imported. But I have no idea where to select the crop tool!! Can anyone tell me?

Also, is there an online tutorial? I checked the Sai website and I know they sell a DVD, but I was hoping, being the cheapie that I am, to find something free.

Thanks!

First thing you need to do is forget everything you have ever learned in a raster program like paint or photoshop......got that done?  Ok good!  Crop isn't a term that exists in the vector graphics world!

Now use the node edit tool to select the nodes and paths of the parts you want to get rid of and delete them.

Edit....please take this tongue in cheek as it was meant!  Not trying to be mean or discourage.

Woo HOO!! Thank you!

And no offense taken, I would've taken shouting and cursing as long as it helped me understand!  :(

also at the top of your main Flexi screen is HELP.  click it and Help topics..  Alot of pertains to Flexi Pro,  but some still pertains to Flexistarter...