Sign in to follow this  
bigtracy

Need USB to Serial converter driver for MH-871 but for hard drive F: not C:

I have an MH-871 running on Windows XP/Flexistarter 8.6/ and no serial port available.  Had it running great before and had a hard drive failure this past weekend (lost everything ; never backed up).  Now the new 500GB hard drive I installed is labeled F: and not C: ; well the USB to serial converter driver you download off the support site here, auto-loads to C: , or at least tries to.  I need one ASAP that I can install on my F: drive so I can get my Refine MH-871 back online.  I have orders I need to fill ASAP.

Can anybody help???

Thanks in advance.

I was just checking my computer,  in help/ support on my computer.,, do a search for f drive.   then ,change add, remove letter drive.   you should be able to change that drive letter F to C ,  then it should be able to find it.   Mine is in computer/.... computer Management. Then disk management,, hope that works, that is all I know,

You will be much happier moving the disk to C:, of course it will require a reboot. Windows is much happier and you will have less trouble in the long run. Drives are not drive specific unless you accept the defaults when installing. Usually any program offers the defaults or a more advanced option when installing. the second is when you get to choose where the program is installed to.

Just had the same problem because i just bought flexi 8.6 and had the serial converter, so i went to hardware/device driver/found it and then i clicked it and reinstalled it and it was converted into com 3 and i set it to it on flexi and now im cutting, hope everything works out for you

I finally got it to work!  The manually installed FTDI driver for REFINE off the USCUTTER website worked.  I could not get the MH series driver to work, but luckily, the FTDI took care of me.  :)  Thanks for the input guys!