Sign in to follow this  
haumana

Favorite Node Edit Software

Wanted to know what you guys prefer to use to tweak and clean-up vector images.

I know how to vectorize, but am stumped beyond that. I want to take my skill set to the next level and be able to clean-up some of the stuff that I converted.

I have AI, but can't figure out how to edit the nodes in that program, but am getting slightly familiar with editing in SBE - but would prefer to edit in a more mainstream program.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi Haumana,

It's a personal choice, I use CorelDRAW, and sometimes Inkscape.  There's a few of the guys on the forum using Inkscape.

i use signblazer, it is my fave.

bb

Ditto! I seem to struggle with node editing in Inkscape. Really should make the effort to learn properly.

I usually vector in Inkscape - VM if I'm having some serious issues, and am trying to teach myself to node edit in SBE. Is there a way to re-save the newly cleaned image back to a regular .eps file - in case I need to share it with others - it's already cleaned up. I've tried a few different ways in SBE, but don't think I'm doing it right. When I open it in AI (so that I can save it with a thumbnail preview), the canvas is completely blank.

I usually vector in Inkscape - VM if I'm having some serious issues, and am trying to teach myself to node edit in SBE. Is there a way to re-save the newly cleaned image back to a regular .eps file - in case I need to share it with others - it's already cleaned up. I've tried a few different ways in SBE, but don't think I'm doing it right. When I open it in AI (so that I can save it with a thumbnail preview), the canvas is completely blank.

you have to select the object then export as eps and or jpeg. you can make your thumbnail in sbe by exporting as jpeg just size it accordingly as you export. you can do it in less time than it takes to open illy.

bb

If I have a lot of node editing to do, Inkscape is my first choice.  Otherwise I'm normally working in Corel and their node editing tools works well.