Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyM

Text won't cut properly?

Hi, i'm running a Copam 2500 on a imac with leopard, using Illustrator CS4 and SignCut 2. This is a new setup for me, I previously had the cutter running on Windows XP with Signblazer Elements and it was cutting great but I decided to upgrade.

When I attempt to cut text I convert it to outlines and have tried both using the export plug-in and saving it and importing it manually into SignCut. I've tried it both in .ai and .eps with no luck. It cuts images out perfectly but with text it cuts really weird, I don't know how to descibe it so I will attach a couple of pictures.

Just to let you know i'm cutting sandblast stencil with a 60 degree blade and it has been cutting perfectly up until the switch over to a mac.

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

Just to try to make it more clear, it's cutting the text just its not cutting it right..as you can see in the pictures the letters have these "added features" they are like little triangles in the corners of the letters.

But when ever I try to cut a picture it comes out perfectly. I must be doing something wrong, I convert the text to outlines then export it to Signcut..when I click cut it instanly cuts it out..just incorrectly.

I've tried a few different drivers but they all have the exact same result. Is there something i'm doing wrong in illustrator like layers, joining paths, or something i'm not familiar with..;D

Isn't that some kind of a novelty here? You asked a question. The you posted a clarification to the question. Then you posted to answer to the question. LOL ! Prior to my post you were the only member in this thread.

Charlie

:thumbsup:

great job in Q & A

it seems to be the small details that make the major problems, I am compiling a list of undocumented things that BOTH hardware and software  mfgrs should have included - should have.

Please clarify the "offset"  definition;  there is a blade offset that depends on the construction of the specific blade, is this the one you are referring to? or is it something else?

=me: using Mac G4 & flexi starter & Pcut 620