Sign in to follow this  
pitkin2020

How to......????

Hi all,

Very new to all this vinyl cutting so really sorry if this a dumb question, but is there any kind of program that you can use to vectorise images with one click as such??

What programs are used for vectorising??

Also is there any good how to's on vectorising about?

I do have a few things i think i would like to cut so i guess i need to vectorise them first, but i would rather have a go than bother everyone on here to do it for me, escpecially if i can do it myself.

Also i am using SBE, i dont need to actually vectorise text i type using that program i can just cut straightaway??

cheers

you are correct about the text. No vectorizing needed.

As for the first question..Inkscape is free and it's about as easy as it gets. Maybe 2 clicks. But it does a good job

www.inkscape.org

excellent i was just looking through the inkscape section of the forum i had presumed it was just another one of the cutting programs, but now realise what it is

thanks

AS  a test, I vectorized the same image in Corel, Flexi pro,and Inkscape. Inkscape did a better job than the others. I go to it when all else fails. It has never let me down. And it's FREE

yeah i checked the link out you gave me it looks good, and it has my favourite word all over the website FREE lol

thanks again