Sign in to follow this  
DK-Freestyle

CTN630 w/ Sign Blazer won't finish cuts.

I've looked around a bit, and can't find any help. I've been making a ton of stuff over the summer, and the cutter never finished the cuts very well. I've been okay with it cause they were little, but now, it won't cut half of the letter, or even skips some symbols. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest sciondrgn

One thing to check is your offset setting in signblazer,

Typically set it around .25 + or - some till you get better cuts, if you have changed these setting drastically it could end up not closing cuts.

Guest sciondrgn

I ended decreasing and mine cuts great at .15 with a 60 degree blade. The norm is .25 for a 45 degree blade but I would do the same go down and recut and do a few different ones and see which one looks best

Guest sciondrgn

Let us know how it goes.. I ended around .15 and I get really clean cuts now

I've noticed many people have their offset set to .25 for good cuts. Mine is at 0. My cuts are right on, but I'm wondering why no one else has their's set to 0. I'm using a 45 degree blade.Sandy

I've noticed many people have their offset set to .25 for good cuts. Mine is at 0. My cuts are right on, but I'm wondering why no one else has their's set to 0. I'm using a 45 degree blade.Sandy

mine has always been set to 0, perfect cuts every time.

I found that the lower I go, the better it gets. I moved the blade depth up a little bit as well, I thought it might have been from the drag, but it's all getting better.