Sign in to follow this  
midsouthprosigns

cuts long lines that shouldnt be there

My refine is great other then it cuts long lines across my vinyl when it goes to cut the weed box? I'm cutting a banner

and am tired of recutting the letters that get chopped will post the file and see what ya'll think. I make everything in illy then import through eps. Could it be making to many nodes with the eps? It only does it when I cut the lower half of the banner. Thats the part with more letters= more nodes? Will creating it in SBD make it have less nodes? I make one of these banners everyweek so I'd like to fix this problem. Will attach file. Thanks in advance.

yellowbanner.SBD

yellowbanner.SBD

Does it do the same thing if you disable the weed border? Could just be too much info. being sent to the cutter with the weed border enabled.

maybe cut it in two parts, split under the "rates to fit your budget". it will make a little harder to install, but not too bad.  I've cut 24 X 96 text in one piece with no problems, with usb, so i don't know that too much info would be the prob.  I would undo the weedall check though

If you are just making text why go through the trouble of doing it in Illustrator and exporting to SignBlazer. Why not just do it in signBlazer or Flexi as text then have the ability to edit it. Then your weeding options in SignBlazer would be by the word instead of the letter like they are now. I think your problems would go away too.

Ok. I'll give setting up text in SBD a try and see if that makes a difference. I'm just so used to Illy. Its so much more user friendly. Thanks for ya'lls input. :thumbsup: