Big Mike

Hi Marcel

Quick quesrtion - on the 25" plotter/cutter you sell - are parts readily available for this should something break?

Not planning on anything breaking - but I just want to make sure the replacement internal parts are available if needed in case of breakage or just wearing out etc...

What about on the new plotter/cutter you have that claims steel gears? Replacement parts available for those?

Thanks so much.

Mike

One last thing since I'm such a newbie - can a scanner be used with this? Bascially scan something and send it from computer to the plotter/cutter - is that how this works?

Sorry for such rookie questions, I'm just clueless! LOL

Mike

Hello Mike, we do sell replacement parts at www.uscutterdirect.com. We do have some replacement parts for the copam units and will get more in the future. We do not have them listed on the site yet but you can email us if you need anything and we'll get the listings updated once we get more parts.

You can scan pictures into your computer and save them as BMP or JPG and then work with those files to make something that will cut. Some of the other signmakers in here might know more about that process...

What kind of images did you want to scan in? Photographs? Building plans? Simple drawings?

What kind of material would you like to plot on? Paper using the Pen attachement, or vinyl cut outs?

What kind of Software are you using for you plotter?

You would have to convert it to bezeir aka vectorize, resize if necessary, then hit the cut plot button and it would send it to your machine.

if you would like the lines filled, you must click the fill plot option under the adnaced tab in production manager.

It gets tricky using new software and there is no manual anywhere for any machine that will tell you exactly what to do...  B)

Trial and error, dont give up, Ill be more than happy to assit, Just let me know...