Sign in to follow this  
OutlawCustom

Hot Cooler

I'm a firm believer that when you own cool toys you should play with them - and, hotDAMN I think my cutter is one of the coolest toys currently in my toybox!  B) 

Disclaimer:

;D obviously NOT for general consumption! ;D

Maybe this will keep people out of my personal stash of frosty libations...

HotCooler.jpg

That is very cool. I think I will do that to a cooler for my brother for his birthday.

Dave

Any problems with the vinyl sticking to the rough cooler surface?

It's a PitA to get it to stick the first time and it's never 100% secure, but if you clean/prep the cooler well and are a little careful it'll last for years. If you look carefully at the left side, under the RADMAT icon, you'll see a diamond-shaped "clean spot" that was left from the previous OSHA label I had there for about 10yrs. I've found the best way to encourage the vinyl to stay put is, well, leave it in the  hot truck for a long afternoon with something soft and heavy on the top (or take a heat gun to it, get it fairly toasty, and apply pressure). YMMV but, hey, it's all for the shiggles, right?  ;D

Survival Notes: one long day at a house/pool party and it survived unscathed being moved, splashed, sat on (often by wet bathing suits) and whatever other indignities a party cooler has to endure. The general consensus: everyone loved it and was utterly compelled to see what was inside (four blue-ice packs, about eight flavored waters and some Red Bull (it was a PG/dry party). :-p

Oh, and I got two orders for decals (NOT nuclear!) and a small shirt order.  ;D