Sign in to follow this  
smithmotorsports99

Estimate Software

I just went to Estimate Software's website and now their demo is free with no time limit.  So I jumped on it and put in my order with the RTA application for it.  You get one free plugin with it, so I went with the RTA.

Has anyone done the same?  Or have picked other plug ins?  I wasn't sure if it was worth the $99 per extra plugin.

Any feedback would be great!  Thanks!

I use it.  I went with the Vinyl and Painted Sign Plug-In.  If you make any signs on substrates - Coroplast - Magnetic Sheeting - Banners - Customer Vehicles it has the ability to enter your materials into it's database and figure the cost into your estimate.  I thought it did much more of what I encounter than the Ready-To-Apply Plug-In.

The Ready To Apply Plug-In has some features I would Use - Type in the copy and it figures out how many letters and the price based on size - Checkbox for adding charge for Assemble In Shop labor on Logos and Graphics - either one time for the whole job - or additonal time for each copy and make it increment as you adjust the quantity with the arrow buttons by Qty.

I still think about buying the RTA Plug-In - but I have made workarounds to make the prices come out like I want them and am happy with the V&PS Plug-In.

If you haven't noticed - the free quickquoter does a great job of doing a one time quote but once you print it it is gone - you should save it to a file before printing if you want to refer to it again.  The more expensive versions of the program give you a history of quotes and reports on jobs you are doing or have done in the past.

-Mike