Sign in to follow this  
kctrader

Non Stick Oven Liner?

Got my first roll of Siser Easyweed today amd I'm ready to give this a try....but the teflon sheet didn't arrive.  I really don't want to wait until next week to start experimenting with the press. 

Does anybody know if a non stick oven liner will work in a pinch?  Target has one that is made of silicone, the other doesn't say, but looks a lot like a teflon sheet, only a bit thicker.  Both are rated to 550 degrees.  Thanks.

You can press without the teflon sheet in a pinch with EZ Weed, just make sure you don't put the vinyl in the press upside down...  ;D

I just took two pieces of backer paper and stuck them together.  I havent had any problems with it.

Does anybody know if a non stick oven liner will work in a pinch?  Target has one that is made of silicone, the other doesn't say, but looks a lot like a teflon sheet, only a bit thicker.  Both are rated to 550 degrees.  Thanks.

If you are referring to the blue teflon silicone sheets, they act like a heat sink and do not allow enough heat to transfer thru.