Sign in to follow this  
Bishop123

Cuts Not CLosed

We have been using our cutter for about 5 months.  At first everything was great, but then we lost communication.  We switched to USB and communication was restored.  Now my cuts are not complete so when I weed I end up having to pull the excess material away from what it needed leaving jagged edges.  i first noticed this with small fonts, but now it does it on everything. 

We also tried to cut some simple stripes for the local fire dept. but the cuts were all over the place.  It cut the stripes fine, but it went back and cut another box around them on an angle right through the original cut....this scrapped a lot of reflective....

Any ideas

We are using Win 2000 Pro...Sign Cut...USB

Thank You

I would check to make sure nothing has rattled loose on the cutter. Check the feed rollers and screws on the carriage to make sure they are tight. There was an Alan wrench that came in your box of cables which can be used to tighten the feed rollers. Keep me posted on what you find.

We are also working with SignCut on a driver that will keep the cutter from returning the carriage to its original origin after a successful cut.