Sign in to follow this  
kikboxr777

Buzzing Noise of Doom

Hello All,

I'm hoping this is going to be an easy fix for the fortunate people that have been using the 721 model.  I created an item in Corel Draw and use the X2 cutting software but I have a BIG problem.

I open it up in X2 and it begins to cut just fine.  About 1/3 of the way through, the blade assembly moves all the way to the left side of the machine (as far as it can go - I think the blade assembly wanted to jump off).  A loud buzzing noise occurs then the blade comes across the vinyl and cuts a straight line for no reason until it runs into the right side of the machine and buzzes again.  I have moved the origin on the machine about 3 inches in after the first episode and the item is 14x36 inches is measurement so I know I am not making that a problem.  I am using a .plt file during this process.

It goes on to start cutting again with a new origin.  I have tried it 3x's now and am getting frustrated with the wasting of vinyl.  I use the MH-721 with a USB cable.  I am running version 2.16 of the x2 software.  I thought this could be a problem or maybe the buffer because i only have 1MB of memory.  I tried to upgrade the driver but when I go to the site and do the clickthrough I get that the page does not exist for the up to date driver.

Has anybody experienced this problem with the machine moving to the extreme right or left in the middle of a job and then start buzzing??  I would like to get my order out but can't figure out if it is a setting problem or what.

Yes....it has always been 1 of 2 things in my case when this happens with my 871.

1.  The file, and they look fine, but I have had 2 files that would pause and screw up in the same place every time.  I recreated the files from scratch.....fixed the problem.  Both of these were with eps files.

2.  Static......and now that i have my machine grounded really well I have not had this happen due to static again.

Sounds like to me it could be the file in your case, I would try to maybe recreate or retrace it, maybe export it as a really high quality bitmap bring it back into corel and run a trace on it, see if that could fix the issue.

Well good news!

I followed the suggestions that I received.  I added a grounding wire to my MH-721.  The file lasted a little longer before failing and doing the same thing as I stated above.  So as suggested, I looked at the file.  What I was doing while in Corel Draw was exporting the file as a .plt file.  I would then open the file in X2-Cut.  It looked fine on the screen but cut very slow and ALWAYS messed up.

My quicklink to send files directly from Corel Draw to the cutter was not working so I got help getting that up and running.  So with fingers crossed, I send directly from Corel.  SUCCESS!!!!  Not only did it cut quicker, it also did not mess up.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Stickywalls.com

117 S. Cook St.  #360

Barrington, IL  60010