Sign in to follow this  
john!

Dozen Price Discounts, Any Tips?

I have been wanting to do a system for bulk decals in cut vinyl but am having some trouble.

I want to do bulk orders by the dozen and charge $X each for a dozen and then give a discount per dozen after that so does anyone have a effective way to do so? At some point i would think the price per decal would have to stop and go no lower.

If you do $5.00 each for 1 dozen and then $4.50 each for 2 dozen and do a 10% discount i just think it's too pricey but let me know your ideas please  :lol:

To me when you get into bulk orders, it all depends on the time it takes you to do the decals.  Some decals are a 10 second weed, others are 2 minutes......and when you start doing large orders its all about the time it takes me to me, thats why I bid every single decal different and don't have a set formula for discounts.

In the past 2 days I did 2 different orders for decals. One was a 6"x6" and they wanted 500 of them. I charged 1.40 each.

The other was 4"x4" and they wanted 30 of them done so the price was 3.75 each.

Granted I am printing them but the way I work it is that the more you order the less the price.

I had a job over the weekend where I had to do 5000 decals, I let that one go for 1.20 each

I dont know if any of this information is going to help you in any way but...