Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

cutter

tried changing the pressure all around.  I have 60 degree blades.

woah, that looks kinda ugly.  Does your blade rotate freely?  Looks like its dragging the dull edge against the vinyl and tearing it rather then cutting the curves.  I have never seen anything that bad before, something is wrong more than pressure and depth in my opinion, unless the blade is just out way way too far, just the tiniest tip of the blade should be out like 1/2 or 1/4 of the thickness of a credit card, can you take a picture of your blade holder and blade?

Does it tear the vinyl like that on all cuts, or just this text.  I am at a loss for what is causing it. 

What is the offset in your cutter software set to?

the offset is .025 it seems to lift on decals a little also.  It cuts the oracal 651 fine, however when I go to the 3M this is what it is doing?

hmmmm, wonder if it isn't a bad/old roll of vinyl or something.  If it cuts one kind find, and not another kind and thats the only change I would think the vinyl is the problem.

Only other thing I can think is the cast vinyl is alot thinner and you could retract the blade and up the force some see if that helps, if not my final answer would be throw that vinyl in the trash and find something that works for ya.

OK thanks for all the help that is what I was thinking.  I just tried a pretty good size decal and it seemed to cut it fine.  No lifting at all.  Then I tried text and although not as bad as the one in the photo it still lifted?  It was just a sample, guess I won't be going with that LOL...

I would try a new blade, it doesn't seem to be cutting smoothly at all.  Even on the long cut it is dragging and not cutting.  On the the tighter curves it's tearing, that looks to me more like a dull blade than a dirty or sticking blade.  The jagged cut on the long curve shows the the blade is in fact turning in the holder, but swinging side to side because it's struggling to cut.  If it does the same with a new blade I would slow the speed down. 

For what it's worth, the other day I attempted to cut a decal using some of the free 3M samples I got and had similar results, although not quite so severe.  The vinyl lifted up quite a bit around tight cuts to the point that the decal I was cutting wouldn't be usable.  I put 651 in and cut the same decal with no issues. 

I have more blades so what the heck it's worth a try.  Thanks for all the help everyone forum is great

For what it's worth, the other day I attempted to cut a decal using some of the free 3M samples I got and had similar results, although not quite so severe.  The vinyl lifted up quite a bit around tight cuts to the point that the decal I was cutting wouldn't be usable.  I put 651 in and cut the same decal with no issues.

Same experience here. Perhaps it's due to my limitations or maybe the quality of the sample. I have not had a decent cut with the free 3M on detailed cuts.

Same experience here. Perhaps it's due to my limitations or maybe the quality of the sample. I have not had a decent cut with the free 3M on detailed cuts.

So even though I am new it is looking more and more like maybe a vinyl issue thanks

I too was in the same boat.  My 3M freebies arrived about a week before my cutter.  I loaded it in and started cutting about 1" letters.  It tore up every letter, sometimes as severe as your pics.  I was really bummed, thought this was how it was going to be.  Then a few days later, the 651 showed up.  A huge sigh of relief, no more problems like that.  I still have narrow cuts that like to lift up, but I think that may be that my blade is not out far enough and the holder is catching and pulling it up.

What's this on the end of your holder?

Kinda looks like a burr or something. Also in the 3rd pic.

Dave

post-2685-12986539733428_thumb.jpg

post-2685-12986539750895_thumb.jpg

What's this on the end of your holder?

Kinda looks like a burr or something. Also in the 3rd pic.

Dave

It may have been a small piece of vinyl stuck before I cleaned it with the alcohol.  I just pulled it off again and looked at it and it's clean no burr.  I tried some playing around this morning with it.  Vette suggested trying the 45 degree blade and it did actual cut a little better than the sixty degree ??  And both were brand new blades?

There is still and issue with the 3M though.  I can take the 651 and it seems to cut perfect and weeds nice, however like someone else said maybe it is old vinyl ? It makes a pretty good mess with the 3M and I tried all kinds of blade depth and pressure setting again.  It just doesn't want to cut that clean.  I notice even though the 3m is almost the same thickness as the 651 it appears to have a more rubbery finish to it than the more stable vinyl on the 651 if that makes sense?

I don't have a pcut, but that blade looks like its sticking out way to far. 

Have you read these?

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3750.0.html

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3362.0.html

If you look at the third photo that's how far the blade is out in fact not even that far anymore because I backed it in again even more to the point I can barley see it.  The other photo was just to show the blade point and I am pushing down on the release rod to the holder to get it out that far.  Thanks for the links.

I didn't notice that.  That is a lot closer, but it might actually still be a out a little too much.

getting better and better Vette

did a few of these today not to much of a problem

Picture152.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Guest kenya

Glad to hear that.

It's frustrating when dealing with a cutter problem.

BTW, your right- Girls can Fish too-  ;D

Here's me & mother last summer.

But I must confess, my husband put us on the right spot.  :angel:

post-0-12986539891368_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298653989985_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear that.

It's frustrating when dealing with a cutter problem.

BTW, your right- Girls can Fish too-  ;D

Here's me & mother last summer.

But I must confess, my husband put us on the right spot.  :angel:

Nice job on the redfish

Well one thing is that we can see the blade very clearly in a photo (talking about third picture, not the one where you pushed it out.)

I can't even see my blade held up to the window, I can't feel to at all when I slide my finger over the bottom. Thats how much blade you need to cut vinyl. 651 is very forgiving to alot of blade out. My 631 is not at all.

The last time mine got something close to that pic is when I did written text and the letters connected. Maybe it's doubling back?

Looks to me like your blade is too far out. Generally you only want half of the slant of the blade visible. Trying bringing your blade in a bit and let us know how it goes.