Sign in to follow this  
Betterbait

How do I make long cuts with tiling??

Hello,

I have the sign Cut Pro w/Pcutter CR 730 USB ONLY, and when I add tiles, it doesn't cut them as if it were 1 long file.  It stacks them up and down instead of left to right like the image

l_bb40c3894ef14cc6a6ceabacb9591430.jpg

It would cut the first tile correctly and instead of just moving to the second tile as pictured, it will go left of the first tile and cut and move to the third the same way.  Basically it makes them individually like it is supposed to but not as 1 long image.

Any sugesstions??

Thanks

Scott

If you want them in line why are you using tiles instead of just cutting the whole thing?  I think tiles are meant to be used with registration marks to realign the image when your vinyl is not large enough to cut in one piece.

If you're just wanting the image to cut in sections where the alignment doesn't get off, there's a setting in the cut dialog.  I don't have the software on this computer so I don't know exactly what it is called.

I don't use this software, I use Flexistarter, but see if there is something on your software called "optimize cutting order"

Have you tried changing the orientation to (or from) across vinyl?  Sounds like it is trying to economize vinyl useage by cutting that way.

What are the dimensions of your finished piece?  The tiles?  What the heck kind of bait is that?

-Mike

I don't have to use tiles, but I was reading that long cuts can sometimes get out of wack if the plotter has to feed 5 ft in 1 direction and back and forth.  I tried it with the pen as 1 cut and it seems just fine, but I like options thats all.  The bait is a Ballyhoo with my company's rig attached.  www.betterbaitsystems.com

Overall length is 54 in long by 12" wide.  I am making a Banner and this is just 1 portion of it.

Thanks for the quick replys

Scott