tshirtn00b

premask system

Anyone have any tips for applying app tape professionally but on the cheap? 

The WeberMade Premasker looks like a $300 tape dispenser - has anyone tried to make their own?

What about The Big Squeegee?

Thanks

Tom

I bought a bunch of "stuff" from a guy last week. Vinyl, machine and he had a app tape holder I got also. It is very close to the one on The US Cutter site for $60.00. It works nice. I have also looked at the $300.00 one. I am sure it would be nice to have but for now this is working great for me. 

I have the Big Squegee and I love it!!!!!! It works great but is a little tough to move with a large roll of mask on it. Very simple with up to 12" roll. I have the 24" squegee but it takes 2 people to push it accross the table if I use my big roll of tape. Very well worth the $$$, Just my .02

HTH,

Bryan

you think that one is hard to push try the 54" one...lol I have a few of them and I love em!

I dont use them for masking tho I only use them for laying down vinyl and sometimes for laying down laminate.

I built a couple of tape dispensers that work like a charm using materials laying around the shop.  I just took a 36x21" sheet of plywood screwed on a a 1x2" strip on each side allowing it to hang over the back edge of the plywood 4".  Then cut two 4x4" blocks of 2x4 material and screwed that on top of the 1x2's on the overlapping end.  I drilled a 2 1/4 inch in each of the 4x4 blocks and ran a 2in piece of pvc through the holes.  I just run the pvc through the middle of the application tape roll and start applying tape.

i just bought one from uscutter online (ebay) for under 40.00 and it works great you just have to run the tape under the roller and it is perfect.