kevin3vd1

Width for Applications tape that works best for a 24" cutter. 6"and12"OK2Start?

Width for Applications tape that works best for a 24" cutter. Is 6" tape and 12" OK 2 Start with?

I plan to so decals for window, and larger signs. I'd use the 12" for the larger signs.

Any input?

Thanks

I'd get a roll of 24" paper for the signs, just so you dont have to overlap all the time.  It's cheap enough to do that. 

I've neved used anything but 24" and 12" clear tape for decals.  I may have wasted a bit of the 12", but it was worth it.  Overlapping is not worth the hassle unless you are in a bind, apptape is not that expensive..

I use mainly 6", 8", 10" on average.  But have had 12" when I need it.

It really does depend on what you are going to be using it for.

I try to get one inch longer, so like 13" and 7 or 8 " most of the time, helps when you are doing that 12" decal to have some overlap.

Guest round2racing

I have 6 and 12.  It works out perfectly for me.  I don't mind overlapping, because I usually end up using a piece of 12 and a piece of 6.  Works for me.

You have to try out different sizes and decide what's right for you.

I keep 30" 24" 18"  15" 12" 6" of conform R-Tape 7050RLA paper tape, as I do quite a few different sized vehicle graphics,, I purchase a 48" log and have it slit to my measurements,,  24" is my most used tape though,,,as most vehicle graphics run 20-22" wide by 90"-120" length,

I use 6", and 14" mostly. I have a roll of 24" for 24" wide vinyl.

Guest round2racing

Kevin,

You'll have to get a few sizes and figure out what combination works for you.  What size you buy is going to depend mainly on what you are cutting.  If you are doing decals over 12" or so, you may want the larger sizes.

Whatever your "main" selling item is going to be should dictate what sizes of app tape you are going to keep on hand...