JoeCamaro

My smallest Vinyl decals: I've been toying around (literally)

Hi folks

I am a Die Cast Car collector and lately I have been thinking of doing some decals for a car. On Sunday I was in a Flea Market and found a cool Scion xB model and tought it was the perfect one for a decal applicaton. The car is barely 5" long (1/32 scale) and I wanted to add some style. This is my first vehicle decal application.

Original xB

xb1db2.jpg

xb2wp7.jpg

Custom xB

xb3jj5.jpg

xb4ui7.jpg

xb5dh5.jpg

Theres a monkey decal in the back window, it is only 3/8" tall. The number 5 decal is not just a cut 5, it is a white square with a 5 cut trough with a black layer underneath.

I bet you have seen way better die cast car before, but this is my first and tought I'd share. I had tons of fun doing this.

Joe

Guest sciondrgn

YAY For scions!

Great work!

I drive a tC myself  ;D:huh:

Thank you everyone!

This was so much fun.

Hey Daniel T, it wasnt as easy as weeding a full size one, but it wasnt extremely hard either. I had to cut the monkey 5 times, but thats ok. You should try it sometime.

Guest fivestar

I had to cut the monkey 5 times, but thats ok. You should try it sometime.

Something there just doesn't sound right....... :hysterical:

quote " I had to cut the monkey 5 times , but thats ok . You should try it sometime "

My sense of humor is killing me .... has to be a good joke/laugh in there !

I'm new here and I caught on real fast.  I think I'm gonna like this forum. 

Lots of like-minded individuals    ;);D;):angry::)

I think your small monkey is great!!

:(

But seriously................just how small of a decal do you all think a pCut can do?

yes Zal, i'm into RC!  Your car looks similar to my Tamiya DF-03, 4wd. I do not expect that I can cut decals that small with pCutter.  Next question!  How does one use this forum to accurately describe to JoeCam what's up with the monkey thing, so that he does not keep refering to his decal as "the Monkey?"

Yes explain the Monkey thing to me  ;)

There IS a monkey in the rear window, and thats what I was talking about.

yes Zal, i'm into RC!  Your car looks similar to my Tamiya DF-03, 4wd. I do not expect that I can cut decals that small with pCutter.  Next question!  How does one use this forum to accurately describe to JoeCam what's up with the monkey thing, so that he does not keep refering to his decal as "the Monkey?"

Yep, mine is a Dark Impact. As for the Monkey, I just laugh when I see those comments. ;)

HI Zal!  HI Joe!!  Zal, my DF-03 is built mostly for show, I left the wing off.  I have a really good pic of it this I made for a shop here in town, using Photoshop.  It has many after-market parts.  I'll be happy to send along to you the good pic If you like, but as this is not the "DF-03" forum, I should not post it here!

Joe, You really do get the GOLD star for you monkey graphic!!  Just for the record, exactly what is the size?  Now as for the Monkey. ;)  I am absolutely sure that if I explain it here, that every one will be falling out of their chairs LOL!  Shortly after posting my explanation to you the Moderators will ban this post, and then ban me as well!!LOL  Hit the e-mail button, and send me an e-mail.  I will get back with you, and give you the 20 year history of monkey thing.  The reason for this is because it is considered to be in poor taste to go "public" with your monkey.  ;)

I feel so dumb right now...

It might be some local joke or something, and as Im from PR, I know English, but I dont know many things of your sayings and phrases. Its like if I tried to translate a pr phrase to English, it would make no sense at all.

Anyways...

The macaque decal is 3/8" tall.

Joe don't feel dumb!!  It's funny, and you will laugh too!  But no one here is laughing AT you!  We all think that your small graphic is cool!!  It all started 20 or some years ago on a TV show called Saturday Night Live.

3/8 or .375 of an inch!!  That is very cool! I hope I can get similar results from my pCut.  You can still e-mail me by clicking the envelope icon, and I'll give you the scoop!!  Keep posting your small stuff it is very interesting. ;)

hey joe... would you mind posting that monkey eps? please? i would like to play with that.

thanks

bb