Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

Trouble with vinyl curling after cut

Hello, I am having trouble with my vinyl curling along the edges after I print and then contour cut it.  After an hour or so, it starts to curl.  Any idea why this would happen?  I was wondering if it's too cheap of vinyl or something.  I am using some vinyl that came with my Roland so I don't know what kind it is.

Thanks

Is this the only type of vinyl you're run through the machine? Is it not drying fast enough or maybe too fast??

The poster says the vinyl came with their Roland printer, so the brand is unknown.

Not necessarily, I cant imagine you buy a printer and they supply you with some vinyl but dont tell you what the vinyl is... also, what kind of ink are you running?

I don't know what kind of vinyl it is.  The ink is Eco-Sol Max.  My heater is set to 50 and this is the only type of vinyl I have tried so far.  We just got the machine not too long ago so I don't have any other vinyl yet.  I curled even when I printed something with no heat at all and someone told me not to set the heater any higher than 50.

We bought the printer used and the person just gave us a roll of vinyl but didn't say what kind it is.

There are just lines and squares on the back, no names of any kind.  I unrolled it all the way to the cardboard roll and there isn't any writing any where.

Is it a roland printer? Both of my rolands came with 3 sample rolls of roland vinyl...