Sign in to follow this  
Guest fivestar

Printing on Heat Press Vinyl

Guest fivestar

Does anyone here currently print onto heat press vinyl like Colorprint using a solvent printer?  If so how does it compare to regular heatpress vinyl in thickness? I mean say you print out a very detailed design, obviously it's only 1 layer, but is that layer the same as a single layer of say Thermoflex or is it thicker, thinner?

Also how does the color hold up after washing?  Yes that's right I am in the process of trying to find me a wide format printer as I am ready to "take the next step".

Thanks all

Wish i could help. I have printed them out and send them to people to apply. Looked good on the transfer. I seen there was a 54" versacamm on ebay. was only at 13k... might be worth checking out

Guest fivestar

Thanks James I will check it out.  So you have printable heatpress vinyl?  If so, I think I will have you make me a couple things so I can try it out.  Hell I will probably just run up to your place and watch you do it, if you don't mind of course.  :lol::) :)

I wish I lived closer to you guys so I could come play.  Not too close though, I don't need any more competition.

Guest fivestar

I wish I lived closer to you guys so I could come play.  Not too close though, I don't need any more competition.

LMAO..... I wished I was about an hr closer to James... That would put me less then an hr from Columbus as it is I'm closer to 2 hrs away.

James,

If I wanted to have some transfers printed how much would you charge?

Dave

FiveStar if you find a good place to get a deal on a large format printer let me know... I have been looking at both HP and Epsons. The best price I have had the pleasure of reading was $750.00 ... I was looking at a used HP 1050c ... There are deals to be had, I am sure. It is a lot of fun to make shirts.

-BD

I have done some transfers on color print. They hold up real good. All you do is print on the color print paper then use a transfer tape to place on the shirt, than press.

All done

or use a transfer paper that can run through a color copier then press. the only bad thing about this way you cant do a contour cut its just a square.

I can print some stuff out if you need.

I'm in Houston

Guest fivestar

vinylskinzz we are talking about printable heatpress vinyl with a solvent printer (Roland, Mimaki, Graphtec) not ink jet or laser transfers.  I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

Guest fivestar

yea... i printed mine on a roland soljet 3.

Color copier is another alternative.

Oh ok great.  I misunderstood your post, sorry.  So let me ask you, how does it compare to say thermoflex or Siser's easyweed, hell for that matter plastisol transfers?  I'd love to have you or somebody make me up a transfer so I could try it out for myself.