Sign in to follow this  
UncleCrack

Which Application Tape

I was wondering which type of application the majority uses? I started with the crea plastic medium tac but seems to be somewhat lengthy for large wet applications. I did a full size rear window the other day in 70 degrees and it took about an hour until I could pull the apptape off. So Im wondering about do most of you more seasoned techs use high, Med, or low tac application tape and also plastic or paper. Also wet or dry prefered method.

-Thanks in advance.

Jack

if you are going to do wet app., you will want to get paper app tape. medium tac should do fine.

bb

I usually use the Oracal paper tape ... it's the cheapest I can get my hands on and I don't move volume to justify buying more than one roll of it at a time.

Guest kenya

Perfect Tear paper tape works for me.

I use R-Tape 4075RLA, which I love... USC has just started selling some type of app tape that they swear will blow R-Tape away and at a cheaper price, but I have yet to try it. Actually, I'm due to buy a new roll this week, so I was planning to roll the dice on it. :lol:

I have the regular main tape and the Rtape 4070 whatever RLA good stuff like firemalt has, both work well but I like the Rtape a little more, but it was the more expensive option vs the base option of main tape, my next roll will be the fancy main tape and I will compare those 2 as well.

I also have clear conform that I use from time to time for layering graphics, it works well.

Guest sciondrgn

I got some Clear Choice AT-60 tape and I have not been happy with it. Ive been using Endura Perfect Tear for paper tape and its worked well but the Clear Choice if you do more than one layer it doesn't want to stick to the vinyl.

For clear app tape, I use the R-Tape Clear Choice AT-60 as well... works great for multi layer stuff, but it's full of static, and it's terrible when applied to vinyl if any heat is applied to it(i.e. left inside a vehicle on a warm day).

I mostly use R-Tape Clear Choice AT-60, but I'm normally selling car decals that people like to be able to see through the backing or I would probably use more R-Tape 4075-RLA Conform - High Tack paper tape.

Guest sciondrgn

For clear app tape, I use the R-Tape Clear Choice AT-60 as well... works great for multi layer stuff, but it's full of static, and it's terrible when applied to vinyl if any heat is applied to it(i.e. left inside a vehicle on a warm day).

My experience is different.. the AT-60 for me doesnt work well with layered.. I layered 2 colors and squeegeed down really good then tried to remove and the tape peels off leaving the vinyl on the backing..