Sign in to follow this  
arhash

blade drags really bad.

Hello my name is Arthur Hash.  I bought a Refine cutter from You guys about a year ago(windows XP, I switch between USB and serial all the time).  First let me say I LOVE IT.  I have been cutting non-stop since.  I have done gold leaf work.  I have done stencils and spray paint.  I have done t-shirt heat transfers.  Let just say I have put my machine through the works.  Just about a week ago I started having a problem.  The blade started to drag.  I quickly searched the help forums and tried everything from grounding the machine to changing rooms to checking the tracking to adjusting the offset.  I have had no luck.  Well a little luck.  When I slowed it down and adjusted the offset to .020 it kinda worked.  The dragging didn't pierce all the way through the vinyl only on the surface.  So I pretty much ended up with some seriously scratched up vinyl.  I don't know what to do.  I love my machine and I hope it hasn't gone down for good. Please help -Arthur

check out what I have been doing here:

post-198-12986512956477_thumb.jpg

post-198-12986512971517_thumb.jpg

Hi Arthur.  Nice work there. I am trying to understand the egg beater thing. Is there a reason behind all of the pink egg beaters on the wall ? I am very curious ....  Thanks

yeah back in march I was diagnosed with testicular cancer.  it sucked.  The worst being I had to have one of my doo dads removed and go through radiation treatment. During all of this I had this weird vision of my "eggs" being blended hence the egg beaters.  The pink color being a play on loosing one being less of a man and I had a huge roll of this pink vinyl left over from an old job.  It just seemed to work.  I had done a lot of vinyl "art" installations in the past with a lot of success .....I could go on and on. but yeah.  my machine wont work  ;D

Could either be the motherboard that is failing to send the signal to the carriage to lift up, or the carriage itself. 9 out of 10 times it is the motherboard which is easy to replace.

I have reinstalled the new version of sign cut and everything seems to be working fine.....so far..... -arthur

check that.  Still not working.  It worked for one cut and then started draging the blade again.  I checked to see if everything is tight and have ordered a couple new parts.  Overnighted them last week so I should have them today.  Hopefully it will fix the problem.  -arthur

oh man thank GOD! ;) I replaced the carrage and it is working like it was straight out of the box.  I will post some photos soon.  Just in time for my show!!!!  www.arthurhash.com

Glad to hear the part resolved the issue.    ;)

We can credit you back for the purchase of the parts under warranty when you send back the defectives.

:angry: check out these table tops I did for some of my jewelry displays. I even did some box tops to sell the items in.  Thanks again for all the help!  You guys ROCK!! -Arthur 1490876730_8899bdf08c.jpg

1490869194_a418154887.jpg

1490868264_b982f965ae.jpg