Tempted Graphics

Glass for my table, to weed easier. (((UPDATED)))

Well I went and got my double pane  18 by 20 inch piece of glass to put in my table I am gonna cut the table and route it out so it drops in flush, i will take pics of the step by step process and I used Paint Mask vinyl that has a blue tint to it to kinda give the glass a frosted look, basically searching for a light to put under it now...

Having a glass table is the best for doing multicolor graphics..No need for registration marks or clear app tape i love it..I use on f those flexible clip on office lamp under mine so i can move it where i need it...

mmh I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

I know what I want to do but haven't had the time, I might get  different ideas from your project

thanks and good luck with it  ;)

Note - You might want to get some Krylon Frosted glass spray and give it a light coat on the underside of the glass instead of vinyl.

I tried this vinyl that I have which is called paint mask and i put a 100 watt light on it for an hour and it never even fased it, I was very surprised, still have a few bubbles to get out of it

PICT0103.jpg

Yeah I went with glass instead of plexiglass so i can cut on it without making grooves as bad i plan on starting and finishing this sometime this weekend i HOPE

Here is the start to the finish of my project and I used 2 light that are on arms so they can be moved where they are needed and also have wood to brace it because cutting the center out weakened it a little but all in all it works great and made my life about 80% easier  :thumbsup:

PICT0121-1.jpg

PICT0122.jpg

PICT0123.jpg

PICT0124-1.jpg

PICT0126-1.jpg

PICT0127-1.jpg

PICT0128.jpg

PICT0129-1.jpg

PICT0130-1.jpg

PICT0131.jpg

PICT0133-1.jpg

PICT0134-1.jpg

PICT0136-1.jpg

PICT0137.jpg

PICT0138-1.jpg

Guest Schramm

That is nice, I do belive that those lights are too hot for the vinyl.  It is not actually paint mask but insted that is called "Stencil Film".  Paint or Spray mask only comes in white and yellow, then Hartco makes a 10mm-25mm product called sand mask.  Belive me I use and have used each one of those for about 8 years.

Warning:  Stencil film will melt if those lights are left on it too long as it does not have a heat rating.  It is a short term thin mylar like product and has more plastic then vinyl in it.  Spray and paint mask can hand heat changes up to 250

I have had the lights on for 3 hours sp far and the glass is cool to the touch and they are 3 or so inches away and only 60 watts I think they will work  3 hours and still cool is a good thing so far

those look just like the light i use but mine is just under a glass coffee table .Your project turned out nice makes layering with paper tape and no registration marks a breeze.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest kenya

Nice job.

That's my next project for my hubby - :thumbsup:.

Guest Schramm

Hey if its not broke dont fix it.  Like I said it is a nice table, I was not concerned with the glass as it can take heat I was talking about the vinyl.  60w isnt anything so it could be ok.

Once again nice job.

Guest round2racing

Wow Tempted, that is really nice.

I'm going to ask my husband if he can do that to my plastic table.

I have one of the 5 foot plastic tables that I work on.

With all the time I have put into the race car, he can put a little time into my "hobby".....LOL

Again, very nice!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest crshirts

Great job!! I made one out of an old printer stand from army surplus store.

Carl

Hey if its not broke dont fix it.  Like I said it is a nice table, I was not concerned with the glass as it can take heat I was talking about the vinyl.  60w isnt anything so it could be ok.

Once again nice job.

Yeah they are the 60 watt blue colored bulbs which after an hour I can literally touch the bulb, so yes so far so good  Thank the Lord  lolool :thumbsup:

I just picked up a lighted Drafting Table 3.5' tall x 4.5' w. with a power base that raises and lowers and tilits with a pedal, it's got a dimmable fluorescent light under the table. $45. Hopefully I can fit it in my shop lol.

NIce job on the table man.

Kevin

By the way here is the breakdown

Glass for table - $5.36

Vinyl to frost glass - $2.30

2 lights under the table - $21.99

Being able to see better when weeding - PRICELESS            :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D

Try lining the light box with Aluminium Foil to bounce & spread the light around, and you'll get more light and a more even spread.