nonabelle

HAS ANYBODY DONE ANY....

They make a special HEat Transfer vinyl for the Stretchy shirt like that. it has to have some flexibility to be able to stay on the shirt.

here is the stuff I think you need from Imprintables.

http://www.imprintables.com/index.cfm?cfid=9901098&cftoken=68587251&jsessionid=6430962a8769323bd407&fuseaction=dspCatalogCategory&catID=9&subCatID=115

Good Luck

Kevin

u know i look at that yesterday, it has limited colors i need silver.  thanks for u help tho.

Digi-Cut has a little more give to it than most vinyl and is really thin, but I don't think its going to flex enough for most of the ribbed stuff I've seen.  If the ribs are very deep I would think you'll have a hard time getting it to adhere without stretching fabric to the point the vinyl will bunch after it cools.  Probably need a vinyl made more flexible like Jet Pro Soft Stretch Active.

omg, i did a ribbed tank and it looked terrible. ugh. so for future reference i would not recommend this process.

Guest round2racing

Hey Nona,

Maybe screenprint is the way to go with a ribbed tank top.

I did a ribbed tank and it turned out fine. I just set my press to a more firm pressure. It worked and has lasted a couple months so far. However, I did warn the customer that i cant guarantee the work because of the type of shirt, she wanted it anyways...

was it small rib or large ribbed? i pressed and repressed directly on to the vinyl i worked but once it was stretched to wear, and taken off it was so wrinkled i didn't like it. what vinyl did u use?

Here is a small ribbed tank top I did for my wife from some glitter heat press vinyl I got in a lot from ebay. Wanted to do something small and simple to test it out.

Normal heat at 15-20 seconds. Not had a problem yet and I did this around 4 months ago or longer.

Ashley1.jpg

Ashley.jpg

If I were to try it again, I'd dial the pressure up to try to get the vinyl to stick to the bottom of the ribs, rather than bridging them, which looks bad and will cause the vinyl to eventually work its way off.

the ribbed ones above are smoother, the really ribbed ones are terrible since the vinyl does not get into the gaps when it stretches. Make sure you get the thin ribbed ones.