Sign in to follow this  
edge

Interrupted SignCut and another question about it

I had a pretty large project cutting in SignCut yesterday on the Copam, when the program halted just prior to completion.

Hmm..that's odd I thought as I rarely have issues with this. Then I looked acrosss the room and realized our oldest offspring was playing a bandwidth sucking useless online video game. We have a pretty good DSL connection, but I can't help but wonder if that was the cause?

Watching SignCut approach it's task the last couple of months, I get the impression the more weeding lines I put into a project, the more SignCut changes the way the original project is cut before cutting the weeding lines. Is this true or do I just have too much time on my hands?

Final note: I believe I got my $$ worth when I purchased this package, knock on wood.

No I have not upgraded to SignCut 2.18 yet I just can't bring myself to alter something that's been working so well for me.

I had a lot of problems with interruptions when my system would try and go to sleep.  Also I would suggest disconnecting from the Internet when cutting.

It is always best to upgrade the software once it becomes available. Software manufacturers spend hours on end coming up with resolutions to the quirks they are made aware of, and release the updates to resolve the quirks. SignCut version 2.18 is highly recommended.