dj

Importing gif or jpeg blurry

Hello all..I am new to this and want to THANK everyone for their generoisity in helping everyone here.  It is why I bought from US Cutter.

My problem is importing a gif or jpeg.  I can get it to import, but the quality of the image is all distorted.  It is a logo ..square box with 3 intials, followed by text of the company name.  The text imports all squiggly, jagged lines.  I convert it to monochrome..still distorted.  Then vectorize and only parts of it come out. 

I also tried importing in Inkscape, saving as eps, then calling into SB.  It wont import to SB, workspace stays blank.

Please help.  This is driving me nuts.  Thank you!

Here you go.  There are 2 of them.  I can't get either to work.  Thank you very much for your help.

post-1441-12986512904502_thumb.gif

post-1441-12986512904664_thumb.gif

post-1441-12986512920225_thumb.gif

post-1441-12986512920259_thumb.gif

The problem is that original images need to be of a much higher resolution. The ones you sent look ok at their original size but as soon as you zoom in a little you can see the individual pixels which then make it look jagged.

All I can recommend is that you try to get a better quality original or try to get the original in eps format.

Bruce is 100% right. I've never seen a file that small. I have customers send me files 10 times that size that are still not big enough.

There is nothing special about either one,you should be able to find the fonts and replicate from scratch.

Always tell your custome you need there artwork to be submitted @ 300dpi or higher.  It will save you a lot of headaches....I imported the files you listed into Corel Draw, but they were to small to trace.  Really all you need are the two different emblems, and could design everything else in Sign Blazer.