Sign in to follow this  
ff_ryan

Reflective Vinyl

I am going to be putting some truck numbers on the tops of our Fire trucks so that they can be identified from the air and was wondering what kind of Reflective vinyl would be recommended for this. All of the vinyl I have used so far is Oracal but I am open to trying other brands. I know Oracal alone carries 3 or 4 lines of reflective and am not sure which would work the best for this. I am away that being in the fire service they are probably not going to last as long as they would on other vehicles due to the heat and embers...most of these are grass trucks. Thanks for any help.

I received some Avery White Reflective (From a free sample request of all things) and put it to use on some racecars. Man that stuff is tough stuff, had to crank down the plotter just to cut through it.

So I guess I'd have to recommend the Avery. Haven't tried the Oracal yet though - next order might lean that direction...  ;)

Thanks for the input guys. I was looking at using the oracal to do it but then they finally decided that reflective wasn't really needed with it going on the top of the trucks. So i'm just going to do it in Oracal 651.

I would choose 3M with ControlTac over Oracal's reflective vinyl any day of the week... I've used both, and 3M is better, hands down.

Thanks for the input Firemalt. I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm looking to do a reflective job.