Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyMeMe

Rollers are spitting vinyl out backwards at begging of Cut!!

Hey guys,

Can someone give me a clue on why all the sudden everyonce in a while, when i go to cut, and my cutter starts it shoots the vinyl out of the back end while cutting my strip.... and no vinyl,,

I am figureing something is loose,, give me a lil clue.

Pinch rollers are down and tight, and i have plenty of extra vinyl,, for it not to do that,,

Thanks

Sandy Jo

I have that problem sometimes, I think it happens to me when i finish cutting a job and move on to the next one without measuring the roll first. Dont know for sure.

Is is after the first cut, and then i get ready to go on second and that is when it happens,,

if you ever find out why or if there is something we can do for maintance to stop it, or a setting, let me know, i will try to get ahold of levi too,

this is something new,, for me,,

If i shut the machine off between all cuts, it does not do it,,

I wonder if we have a roller holder in the unit getting loose, or something?

I did make sure rollers are tight and they are, and my pinch rollers look good, and not flat,,

Keep me posted,, thanks firemalt,,

sandy Jo

LOL wrong firefighter but thats ok  :thumbsup: If I press the measure button between cut it doesnt happen only when I forget.

yep thanks, ff-  sorry,, wrong one,,  i am working a lil to hard,, lol

what is your measure button, i have the mh-871 i dont think i have one of those,,,

Good to hear from ya  extreme

Sandy Jo

Are you resetting your home position between cuts? If you finish your cut then advance your vinyl to cut it off, the actual home position is somewhere off the front of the cutter. When you put your cutter back on-line it wants of go to the home position. (rolling the vinyl backwards) At least my PCut works that way.

Mine spit the vinyl out the back twice today. Then i realized I was advancing the vinyl to cut off the graphic and forgeting to remeasure the vinyl to get zero. If you dont remeasure, the zero point is on the vinyl you cut off. Threfore when it backs up to zero the vinyl runs out from under the rollers. You know, a tweny foot walk on a ten foot long dock gets you wet. :D My biggest problem with my cutter is the operator, Me :thumbsup:

I've never had the vinyl back out before, however, I have cut a design with a multiple quantity selected in the SBE cut options, and then I go to cut it again without changing anything, and it will only cut one.  I'm pretty sure it's just a SBE quirk, as is your problem.  Like ff said, just change something in between cuts, I found if I adjust the qty down to 1, then back up to 2, 3, whatever, no problem.

How do you set those setting guys,,

I have cut alot of  vinyl, but i think it had a brain f-rt and  reset itself like you guys are saying,, as it just started doing this,,

tell me where to go to the setting

it does return to the home position when done cutting, but if i take that off to start weeding, and go to the 2nd cut, that is when it spits it out the back,a nd starts to cut nothing lol,,,, as it is laying on the floor.

thanks for the help guys,

MMM

On the Refine cutters, select the offline/pause button.  Use the arrow keys to move the cutter head to where you wish to start cutting.  Select the origin button to make this the new starting position.

You just need to reset your origin.  Even if your cutter advances after the cut, its still using the origin point after your last cut.  Simply press the offline button and then the origin button and it should fix the problem for good.

Hitting the reset button will kinda do the same thing, all you have to do is reset the origin point though rather than reset it.