need some advice on this one

had to design, print and contour cut the images

Maltese cross 1 1/2 x 1 1/2          200 of them

names in oval  1 1/4 x 2 1/4           200 of them

Then had to apply them to 200 little buckets/candles

FYI I still suck at taking pictures so the finished product really looks better then the photos  :thumbsup:

post-1960-12986538090053_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986538100831_thumb.jpg

post-1960-12986538124532_thumb.jpg

post-1960-1298653813556_thumb.jpg

Guest Ls Creation

Looks good FF, Nice work!

LS

Wish I could help you there, but don't have a clue. I'm a firefighter as well and love your work though! Looks nice.

Thanks, then you know about firefighter weddings everything fire related!

Wish someone would chime in o price.

I don't do printed graphics, but I just roughed out an estimate assuming a couple of things for production time - I figure one color vinyl in the sizes you listed - cut and applied using 1 minute per graphic to do the work.  It came out to a $1.25 and $1.27 for the Maltese Cross and the Names graphics respectively.  I have no idea if this is accurate for the time it will take you to do the job and it doesn't include printing costs.  It is probably close for my speed of working - so take it for what it is worth - little more than a W.A.G. - but a semi-educated one anyways.

-Mike

BTW very nice looking graphics and a great idea for a firefighters wedding using the buckets.

If you haven't gotten the free program from Estimate Software - QuickQuoter get it.  It is free - just does a quote and prints and/or saves it for you.  You can get one Plug-In free - I think the Wide Format Inkjet would be the one you need.  It takes time to go through and set up all of the databases with your actual costs - but you can use the defaults and be close to start out.  Be sure to watch the videos on their wesbsite and watch the figures for design and production times on the quotes you do until you get an idea of how it comes up with it's prices.

If you want to be able to look at previous quotes you have to save them somewhere - you can do them in .pdf and look at them later.

Mike thanks for your imput. so your saying $2.52 per bucket?

I have download the software 2x but havent had the time to set it up yet!

I have no idea on how to price digital prints, but if I did something like that... I'd probably just go 4x whatever the material costs.

I have a price sheet per square yard but this job was so small and labor time comsuming I wanted some others imput I was going to charge 2.00 per bucket but my wife thinks its to high.

Can you do the job within 8 hours? $400 divided by $45 per hour would be something like 8.5 hours...

You won't go broke at $2.00 - and the price involves mostly your time - for a brother firefighter I'm sure you are willing to sacrifice some profits.  If I were in your shoes though I would keep your wife happy  :thumbsup:

$2.50 is what I would go with for vinyl cut out in those sizes and applied to buckets they have supplied.  Times were 3:42 for the Maltese Cross and 3:45 for the Names graphic.  Think about your time - if you took about 7-1/2 hours to do these this should be your price - before wifely adjustment taken into consideration.  If you took more time - or if the printing cost adds a bit more - go up from there -  or down if the opposite is the case - you did it faster and printing didn't run the cost up much.  

If you have questions when you start working with the QuickQuoter - let me know and I'll help all I can.   -- I don't work for the company by any means - but I did win their flagship version of the product in a contest - so I am biased in favor of the software a little bit.

-Mike

Guest round2racing

If I were you and it was a fellow firefighter's wedding, I would go $2 per bucket for print, cut and install.

If it was for someone I really did not know (that really sounds bad), I would be looking at $3 per bucket.

But, I don't have any overhead with a shop and such.  That makes a big difference in pricing.

Or, to please the wife, charge $1.00 per bucket for the decals, and if she wants to put them on and charge nothing, that would be okay.............  That way you at the very least get reimbursed for materials and she can donate the time..........LOL

ok it only ended up being 175 buckets, and I charged 250.00 for the job had my wife apply all the decals!