Sign in to follow this  
gg

locking up, Cutter or software issue?

I'm having trouble w/ my Copam locking up when cutting multiples of the same file, I'm using Signcut 2 software,

I can cut 3 sometimes 4 of the same file, but when I try and cut the 5th it cuts part of the file then the cutter locks  locks up. can turn off close signcut, then reopen the file and turn cutter back on and will cut 4 or 5 then lock up again...

could this the the cutter or the software?

Hard to say without some troubleshooting, it could be either. Make sure you are running the latest version of SignCut. You could also try the trial version of SignBlazer to see if it does the same thing. If so, then it is probably the Copam, and if not, then it might have something to do with SignCut.

It did it last week w/ another file, and I assumed it was the file.. but I didn't have as many to cut,(10)

(have to cut 400 of this one, got 20 cut so far but had to recut 3)

It seems like the cutter forgets it's path.. I'm cutting seperatley, cut one out, weed and mask it while another is cutting,

I will download latest version & trial and do some trouble shooting  and let you know

thanks

gg

downloaded sign cut 2.18 now I can't cut.... open signcut  select cut says sending to cutter but nothing happens...

Make sure the correct communication port is selected for the cable you are using. When upgrading, it may have reset to something else.

yep it was the port, it had changed from com1 to lpt1, BannerJohn got me back going last night..

cutter still going banna's every 5th cut,  could the memory in the copam be full?  I can cut 4 of the same file fine, when I get to the 5th one cuts about 1/2 of the file then makes a horizontal cut to the edge and quits

thanks

gg

It is possible, but the Copam is usually our most reliable unit with the least amount of issues. Have you tried another Serial to USB cable, maybe a name brand cable? The included cable is not the best in the world to keep the cost of the units down. The memory on the Copam should not be the issue.

maybe I've found the problem, it's a combo of weed lines & alignment of the vinyl, been cutting from a roll & feed ing from back side so when scroll measuring it only reads the the Y cords, after 5 cuts the vinyl shifts some & the weed lines maybe causing the problem.  Since my graphic is going on a 18 x 24 coraplast blank I've precut my vinyl into 19" X 24 sheets, feed into from front and select measure sheet, and removed weed lines, cut 12 so for so good, seems to be worth the time to precut & feed ea. sheet, @ least I know up front if there is an alignment problem..

and as for as the Copam & sign cut2 , I can't complain, I'm impressed espcially for the price, and w/ the staff & members @ U.S. Cutter, thanks for all the support! oh yeah the trace feature in Inkscape is terrific compaired to Corel 12 and it's freeware!

thanks

again

gg

;D

Also, if you upgrade to the latest 2.18 version of SignCut, it will now support the InkScape .svg format, so you will no longer need to save in .eps and rename the file and convert text to paths. Just Save and then open with SignCut.

Mine does the same thing with Sign Blazer

Sometimes unplugging and replugging the USB helps

I think it's the USB driver for the CP-2500 that gives the lock

learning the cut limits between the rollers help  ;D, life has been easier since I've slowed down and pay closer attention to what I doing  :huh:  trying to save every little scrap of vinyl and force a cut out of it will drive you banana's  make sure you have enough material for the cut!